May 07, 2012
Board Meeting Minutes April 9, 2012
Regular Meeting of the Village of Stillman Valley
Board of Trustees
Monday, April 9, 2012
Present: President: Jim Mays
Village Clerk: Mary Scott
Public Works: Sue Carpenter, Kenneth Long, Michael Musso, John Russell, Nance’ Lorenz and Becky Waltrip
Village Attorney: Doug Henry
Also Attending: Ron Steenken, Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Darrell Ropp, Jeff Champlain, Jennifer Files, Jill Gnesda
A. Call Meeting to Order
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. Roll was called. President Mays led the Pledge of Allegiance.
B. Approval of Agenda
Trustee Lorenz asked for Village Hall Carpeting to be added under Old Business. Trustee Waltrip made a motion "to approve the agenda with the addition of Village Hall Carpeting"; seconded by Trustee Carpenter. The motion passed with six (6) "ayes"; zero (0) "nays".
C. Minutes of March 26, 2012 Regular Meeting
Following the review of the March 26, 2012 minutes a motion was made by Trustee Waltrip “to approve the minutes of Mach 26, 2012”; Trustee Lorenz seconded. The motion passed with six (6) “ayes”; zero (0) “nays”.
D. Citizens Comments
Jeff Champlain addressed the Village Board in regards to the Smeja property along Route 72. Attorney Henry explained the legal aspects of the state law regarding the use of commercial vs. agricultural property. After further discussion the Village Board gave permission to Jeff Champlain to cultivate the current crop one time, then the property has to be mowed according to the Village Ordinance.
E. Monthly Reports
Copies of the Bank Account Balances Report and Profit & Loss Report were distributed for review. Treasurer Fruin explained each report and answered any questions. With no further discussion, a motion was made by Trustee Waltrip “to approve the treasurer’s reports for March 2012”; seconded by Trustee Carpenter. Roll was called and passed with six (6) “yes”; zero (0) "no". There was a total of 10 hours overtime for the Public Works Employees. Aaron Moore had five (5) hours overtime for snow removal. Michael Marks had five (5) hours overtime for snow removal. After brief discussion, Trustee Russell made a motion “to approve 5 hours overtime for Aaron Moore and 5 hours overtime for Michael Marks”; seconded by Trustee Musso. Roll was called and passed with six (6) “yes”; zero (0) "no". Trustee Carpenter presented the monthly bills for approval. With no further discussion, a motion was made by Trustee Waltrip “to approve the March 2012 bills”; seconded by Trustee Russell. Roll was called and passed with six (6) “yes”; zero (0) “no”.
F. Old Business
1) Public Works Superintendent Insko informed the Village Board that Hydrant Flushing will take place on Wednesday and Thursday evening.
3) Attorney Henry discussed that there is a deficient of $18,000.00 from 116 So. Walnut Street. The Village Board can go after Dennis Fransen for another $11,000 - $12,000 to cover it.
4) Public Works Superintendent Insko reviewed the Water/Sewer Rate Structure. The rates will be in effect on May 1, 2012 water bills.
5) Public Works Superintendent Insko discussed that the letter sent to the Smeja's regarding Homestead Subdivision is reaching the 30 day time period. After discussion, Attorney Henry will provide President Mays with Attorney recommendation for letter of credit to be drawn on.
6) Public Works Superintendent Insko talked about electrical aggregation. After brief discussion, Attorney Henry to follow up with Carl Berg of Rock River Energy.
7) Public Works Superintendent Insko gave the Village Board an update in regards to the Rec Park Vandalism.
8) The Speed Limit Signs on Meridian Road will be installed the first week of June, 2012.
9) Attorney Henry discussed the Siren donation from Exelon.
10) Trustee Lorenz talked about the new carpeting for Village Hall. Village Clerk Scott to contact Luke Presson of Lonnie's CarpetMax to review previous quote and update at the April 23, 2012 meeting.
G. Ordinance / Resolution
1) Village Engineer Steenken reviewed comments from Attorney Henry regarding the Engineering Agreement.
I. New Business
1) Village Clerk Scott presented the fiscal year May 2012 thru April 2013 board meeting schedule.
2) Village Clerk Scott gave her updates to the Village Board.
J. Committee Meetings
Water & Sewer and Streets & Alleys: None
Public Safety and Parks & Buildings: Trustee Lorenz reviewed the Ropp Park Proposal she received from Jay Williams. Trustee Lorenz to call and set up a meeting with Jay Williams.
Finance and Ordinance: None
Trustee Long made a motion to go out of regular session at 8:35 p.m.; seconded by Trustee Russell.
Trustee Lorenz made a motion to go back into regular session at 8:45 p.m. since we were no able to locate authority to state statue to discuss Engineering Agreement; seconded by Trustee Waltrip.
Village Engineer Steenken discussed the Engineering Agreement for the Waste Water Treatment Plant with the Village Board. Attorney Henry discussed guidelines expected from the government. The agreement will be worked on between Attorney Henry and Village Engineer Steenken and will be presented at the next meeting on April 23, 2012.
L. Upcoming Meeting April 23, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
With no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:54 p.m. on a motion made by Trustee Long; seconded by Trustee Waltrip. The motion passed with six (6) “ayes”; zero (0) “absent".
Mary Scott, RMC
Posted by klong at May 7, 2012 11:03 AM